- Are you a Pilates enthusiast who is passionate about teaching others the benefits of the method?
- Are you a physical therapist ready to add another tool to your belt and another revenue stream to your business?
- Are you a fitness pro ready to expand your offerings with another sought-after method like Pilates?
If so… the Pilates in the Grove Comprehensive program is for you!
Our comprehensive program incorporates the fundamentals of Classic Pilates Principles and Repertoire with up-to-date research on anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics to provide a well rounded learning experience. We go beyond the mat — and teach you how to use all of the equipment you’ll find in a traditional Pilates studio.
Our program is perfect for the individual looking for an education not just on exercises (anyone can teach that), but also on movement principles, body awareness, injury prevention, and injury recovery.
Complete the Pilates in the Grove Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training Program in two ways:
What do you get inside of our comprehensive program?
This program is designed to take you by the hand, alongside our team of experts, to set up the right foundation, systems, and strategies for you to build a Pilates career.
It’s the most comprehensive and convenient way to be trained in the Pilates Method (and learn modern takes on the method).
The curriculum of the program:
The Pilates in the Grove teacher training program is a NCPT (formerly PMA) approved 450-hour comprehensive program.
Our program consists of 6 modules that are required for successful completion of the program:
- Module 1: Anatomy, History, Principles and Fundamentals of Teaching
- Module 2: The Mat Exercises
- Module 3: Apparatus Level 1
- Module 4: Apparatus Level 2
- Module 5: Apparatus Level 3
- Module 6: Special Populations and Injury Recovery
- Bonus Module: The Business of Pilates
What makes our comprehensive program right for YOU?
Our program is designed and taught by licensed physical therapists and Pilates instructors with over 50 years of combined experience.
We also offer:
- Small class sizes for individualized learning
- Access to two studio locations for observation, self practice, and practice teaching
- Access to mentors and a private Facebook community to ask and answer questions
- A resource library of videos, sample classes, program designs and more
Our program is also taught by the lead PTs and Pilates instructors of Pilates in the Grove
Christa Gurka’s reputation is renowned in the South Florida market. An orthopedic physical therapist specializing in Pilates-based fitness, rehabilitation and injury prevention, she is highly respected and recognized among the Pilates and physical therapy communities. With a contagious energy and palpable passion, she has gained her a clientele of both local fitness enthusiasts and high-profile athletes, including Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra, WNBA veteran Ruth Riley, pro volleyball player Kelly Schumacher, and pro golfers Cristie Kerr and Natalie Gulbis.
Kelly Montgomery received her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston, MA and is a board-certified Physical Therapist. Kelly has experience working in inpatient rehabilitation, acute care, and outpatient clinics. She treats a variety of injuries including hip, knee, shoulder, spine, ankle, and polytrauma. She is most passionate about geriatrics, young athletes, orthopedics, and people with disabilities. Kelly has completed extensive continuing education in orthopedic conditions and management. She is a Level 1 Kinesiotaping specialist.
Teri Seier Moore began her career as a classical ballet dancer, discovering the priceless benefit of Pilates early on while working toward her dance major at Point Park University. Teri continued her dance training at Harkness Foundation School of Dance, American Ballet Theatre School and the Alvin Ailey School. Eventually she became an accomplished choreographer of stage, film and industrials.
You’ll get real insights from working Pilates experts, in all of the facets of this work!
What it takes to complete our Comprehensive Teacher Training
This 450-hour intensive program helps you complete our comprehensive training program in about 5-6 months — including all your training and teaching hours, check-offs, your final video, and test.
Requirements to successfully complete the program and receive a Certificate of Completion:
- Pre-Course: 10 Hours
- Anatomy and Physiology: 10 hours
- Mat Module: 60 hours
- Level 1: 95 hours
- Level 2: 95 hours
- Level 3: 95 hours
- Special Populations:10 hours
- Successfully complete check-offs
- Successfully complete the final test out teaching 30 min group class
- Complete final multiple choice written exam