New Policies and Procedures
All policies in this document will be effective as of July 8, 2020 and will remain in place indefinitely. Individual policies may be modified or discontinued as prudent over time.
MASK NOW REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN STUDIO.
Sessions and Classes
- Privates, Semi-Privates, and PT
- Privates and Semi-Privates will be performed in separate rooms to avoid any commingling of clients and instructors. Clients will be required to wear masks during session unless the session requires removal of the mask for specific treatment in PT. We recommend a soft and breathable face covering such as a surgical mask.
- We will have admin team coverage while open.
- Group Classes
- Reformers will be set to 10 feet apart
- Clients will be required to wear facial covering during class
- Class schedule will begin with a limited schedule and adjusted according to need
- Classes will be discontinued for lack of enrollment and attendance
- Online Classes
- We will continue to offer live-streaming classes throughout the reopening phases.
- We will continue to offer the on-demand platform indefinitely.
- All clients will be required to complete a waiver prior to their first visit back to the studio. Waivers will be sent electronically prior to first visit
Common Areas and Start Times
- All classes will be limited to 45 minutes duration to allow time for cleaning and sanitization between clients.
- Please limit bringing personal belongings to the studio when able.
- In the South Miami location we will be restricting entry into the studio by the front door on 73 street only and exit by the rear door. Please abide by these procedures.
- Clients will not be allowed to enter the studio more than 5 minutes before the start of their session or class. Please wait in your car or outside the studio until 5 minutes prior to class/session time.
- Clients are not allowed to bring guests, children, etc. to wait for them in the lobby during their session.
- Clients cannot remain in the lobby to socialize etc. after their session is complete.
Personal Protective Equipment
- All employees will be required to wear a face mask or face shield that covers the nose and mouth at all times when interacting with clients. This can be a respirator mask, cloth mask, or surgical mask. Masks will be provided if you do not have your own.
- Disposable Gloves
- Employees are not required to wear gloves at all times, as frequent handwashing and sanitization is more consistent and effective at preventing microorganism spread.
- Employees may elect to wear gloves at all times, as long as sanitary practices are followed regarding sanitizing and changing gloves as needed (described below).
- We will have gloves available, and clients may request that instructors wear them for their sessions. Employees are required to comply with clients’ requests for glove use.
- All clients will be required to wear a face mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times while in the studio.. This can be a respirator mask, cloth mask, or surgical mask. Clients MUST CONTINUE TO WEAR MASK DURING SESSION
- Disposable Gloves
- Clients are not required to wear disposable gloves in the studio.
- Clients who enter the studio wearing disposable gloves will be asked to sanitize or change their gloves in the studio.
Hand-Washing and Sanitizing
- Employees and clients are required to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon:
- Entering the studio
- Using the restroom
- Beginning a session
- Ending a session
- Touching the face
- Touching common area equipment (computers, iPads, etc.)
- To be effective, handwashing must use soap and be done for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Alcohol-based sanitizer is an effective replacement for handwashing. Alcohol-based sanitizer can be used on nitrile gloves to sanitize them.
- Clients will be asked to wash their hands or use sanitizer upon entering the studio.
- We will not have common area equipment available for clients to use (sign-in iPads, etc.)
- We will continue to use the digital facesheet, but we will either fill it out for the client or email a link to the client for them to complete on their own device.
- We will encourage clients to maintain 6’-8’ distance from each other throughout the studios. Please abide by proper spacing decals located throughout the studio.
- Waiting room chairs will be limited to 2 and spaced accordingly.
- Employees should not come into the studio if displaying any of the following symptoms:
- Runny Nose / Excess Mucus
- Employees who display any of these symptoms will be sent home.
- Clients will be advised not to come into the studio with any of the same symptoms.
- Clients who display any of these symptoms will be required to leave as well.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- We are following the CDC guidelines to clean equipment first with soap and water and then using a disinfectant spray that is specifically approved by the EPA to kill the novel Coronavirus.
- All Reformer straps have been laundered and/or replaced before opening. We will have new straps available for clients to purchase.
- The studios have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to reopening.
- We will use soap and water followed by Clear Gear Disinfectant for all equipment, props, and classroom/session room items.
- We will use Lysol/Clorox wipes or equivalent for common area surfaces and equipment.
- Instructors are required to clean and sanitize all equipment, props, etc. that were used by or touched by clients in their sessions using Clear Gear after each session.
- Equipment will be deep-cleaned by our Cleaning Provider biweekly.
- The Admin team is responsible for sanitizing common area surfaces and equipment at the end of each shift and every hour as needed during the shift.
- The entire studio will be cleaned by our Cleaning Provider on the normal schedule.
- All employees are required to immediately communicate any report of symptoms or COVID-19 exposure/diagnosis of an employee, contractor, or client to Management via Slack.
- Employees are not permitted to discuss this information with anyone else.
- The studio has made individual reformer and footbar coverings available for purchase $10 each. Supplies are limited. Learn more here: https://youtu.be/0Qb2IZruqIg
- The studio will also have individual straps/loops available for purchase in the studio for $40/pair. Supplies are limited.
- You can also find additional resources here: https://saltandhoneyus.com/
- Above supplies must be taken home after each session. At this time we will be unable to store them on site.