The Swan Dive is a great intermediate exercise that will help you strengthen the muscles on your back and challenge your thoracic extension. In this video, we’ll show you how to do the Swan Dive on the Ladder Barrel.
- Lay prone over the barrel, head down, knees bent and balls of the feet on the ladder in a Pilates V.
- Bring the arms long over your head as you lift head neck and shoulders.
- Keeping your knees bent and arms long over your head, articulate your spine to extension.
- Open your arms back and then extend the legs diving over the barrel reaching a long spine.
- Bend your knees and melt over the barrel.
That’s it! Hope to see you in class.