The Rollover is considered an advanced classical mat exercise. One word of caution – if you have any low back or neck issues or dysfunction you should probably avoid doing this exercise unless you’re cleared by your physician or physical therapist. This exercise will continue to strengthen your abdominal muscles and also add the challenge of improving spinal mobility with rolling over.
- Begin lying on your back on the mat with your legs straight.
- Inhale as you bring your legs straight up to 90 degrees.
- Exhale, to lift your hips up, rolling your legs up and over, parallel to the floor.
- Open your legs hip width apart and flex your feet
- Slowly exhale as you roll down one vertebra at a time.
- When your tailbone hits, circle your legs down and around pointing the toes, and begin again.
Repeat this 3-5 times for stronger abdominal muscles!