1. Having a negative or defeatist attitude.
2. Going on a diet that has an eating pattern that you cannot adhere to for the rest of your life.
3. Believing that you can eat cabbage soup—or any other low-calorie, but monotonous food—every day for the rest of your life.
4. Obsessing over counting calories.
5. Weighing-in too frequently.
6. Not drinking enough liquid.
7. Drinking sugar-laden drinks.
8. Eating more white bread and pasta than protein, lean meats, fruits, and vegetables.
9. Consuming processed foods more often than fresh foods.
10. Overcooking vegetables so that they are not appetizing.
11. Not having a plan.
12. Blaming others for your shortcomings.
13. Judging quickly.
14. Not knowing the nutritional content (healthy vs not so healthy) of what you eat.
15. Finishing every last bite of a meal after you already are full.
16. Going back for seconds at meals.
17. Eating at all-you-can-eat buffets and consuming large amounts “to get your money’s...