We hear so often of people wanting to change their diet and nutrition, but there are so many myths that people fall prey to. Here are some of the top diet mistakes we see people making when it comes to their diet and lifestyle.
1. Having a negative or defeatist attitude.
2. Going on a diet that has an eating pattern that you cannot adhere to for the rest of your life.
3. Believing that you can eat cabbage soup—or any other low-calorie, but monotonous food—every day for the rest of your life.
4. Obsessing over counting calories.
5. Weighing yourself too frequently.
6. Not drinking enough liquid.
7. Drinking sugar-laden drinks.
8. Eating more white bread and pasta than protein, lean meats, fruits, and vegetables.
9. Consuming processed foods more often than fresh foods.
10. Overcooking vegetables so that they are not appetizing.
11. Not having a plan.
12. Blaming others for your shortcomings.
13. Judging quickly.
14. Not knowing the...