Hurricane season is OVER and Florida Fall has officially begun. While the rest of the country is busy donning scarves and beanies, this is my favorite time of the year in Miami because it has finally cooled off enough to open the windows and let that fresh ocean breeze flow into the house. With the gorgeous weather we’ve had lately, I was inspired to share some of my favorite outdoor activities to do in the area.
- Go for a long bike ride! Some of my favorite spots include Black Point Marina, Key Biscayne, and if you really want to go far, you could join the early Saturday crew as they trek all the way to Florida City. If road biking isn’t your thing, then try out mountain biking at Virginia Key.
- Go scuba diving or snorkeling! A really close and beautiful option is the Lauderdale-by-the-Sea beach. They have shops close by for you to rent anything needed and you don’t even have to reserve a boat… just shore dive right in.
- Stand up paddle boarding. Or if you’re feeling extra daring, try out some Pilates on top of a paddle board! Stay tuned for future PITG hosted Pilates and paddleboard events.
- We’ve all been waiting for this time to come around again…Head to Knaus Berry farm for the best cinnamon rolls you will ever try in your life! Knaus Berry Farm officially re-opened for business on Tuesday, October 25th. Feel free to combine #1 with this one and take a nice leisure bike ride there— that way you won’t feel near as guilty eating the Southern delicacies.
- Playing Frisbee in a park. Or my personal favorite spin-off of traditional Frisbee: Kan Jam. Go buy it! You won’t be disappointed.
- Yoga or Pilates outside. We have our own Pilates on the Patio events that you can keep up to date with by following us on Instagram @pilatesinthegrove. Also, you can try out free Yoga in the park at Riviera Park every Wednesday at 6 p.m. under the gazebo.
- Sand volleyball at David T. Kennedy Park in Coconut Grove. They keep their courts well maintained and there is plenty of shade around so you don’t get too hot.
So get out there and enjoy the fresh air! With a city this beautiful, we’d be crazy NOT to take advantage of it year-round.
Peace and Pumpkin Spice Lattes,