The Pilates for Special Populations workshop is a two-day course that will provide participants with the knowledge and skill required to work with a population of clients with a variety of physical challenges.
This workshop is for Pilates Instructors and Trainees looking to deepen their understanding of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, common injuries and the development of normal movement patterns. The course will assist participants in customizing a program for clients with a variety of pre-existing conditions.
General Course Objectives:
- Improved knowledge of anatomy and biomechanics
- Improved knowledge of pathologies and injuries
- Increased ability to identify faulty postures and movement patterns
- Understanding the key anatomical elements as they relate to functional movement and exercise
- Increased success with working with clients with injuries
- Improved understanding of program design for special populations that may be encountered
What you will learn:
- Approaches to working with an injured client
- Anatomy and biomechanics, dysfunctions and pathologies, and exercises modifications throughout the musculoskeletal system
- Pregnancy and other special conditions
- Workout design for clients with injuries or other conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system
- Appropriate modification for clients with special populations on all apparatus
Who will be teaching:
An orthopedic physical therapist specializing in Pilates-based fitness, rehabilitation and injury prevention, Christa Gurka’s reputation speaks for itself. Highly respected and recognized in the Pilates and Physical Therapy community and throughout the media, Christa’s contagious energy and palpable passion has earned her a clientele of both local fitness enthusiasts and high-profile athletes, including Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra; WNBA star Ruth Riley; pro volleyball player Kelly Schumacher; and pro golfers Cristie Kerr and Natalie Gulbis. Her studios have also been home to many whose careers depend on their appearance, health and performance.
It is important to note that this course will NOT prepare students to diagnose or treat any specific injuries or conditions or prescribe exercises for these populations without consultation with an appropriate health practitioner (i.e. Physical Therapist, Physician or similarly recognized health care professional).
Click Below To Purchase This Workshop